Grant Application Format
Please email completed two-page information packet to [email protected]
Please provide the following information in this order. Use these headings, subheadings and numbers provided in your own word processing format, thus leaving flexibility for length of response.
1. Executive Summary
- Begin with a half-page executive summary. Briefly explain why your organization is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is made.
2. Purpose of Grant
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed.
- Description of target population and how they will benefit.
- Description of project goals, measurable objectives, action plans, and statements as to whether this is a new or ongoing part of the sponsoring organization.
- Plans for evaluation including how success will be defined and measured.
4. Budget Narrative/Justification
- Grant Budget (on a separate sheet) that shows how each budget item relates to the project and how the budgeted amount was calculated.
- List of amounts requested of other foundations, corporations and other funding sources to which this proposal has been submitted.
- List of priority items in the proposed budget, in the event that we are unable to meet your full request.
5. Organization Information
- Brief summary of organization’s history.
- Brief statement of organization’s mission and goals.
- Description of current programs, activities and accomplishments.
1. A copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
2. A copy of the most recent Form 990, if available.
3. A copy of the most recent Annual Report, if available.
Signature, Executive Director
Typed Name and Title
If your request is granted, you must send to Detroit Industrial School a final report indicating project outcomes, including fund expenditures, within three months of the project completion and prior to consideration for any future grants.